CAREER PREP AT MCCC (12TH GRADERS)
Click above to play the video.
WHO IS ELIGIBILE TO APPLY?
Mercer County high school students who:
- earned a recommended GPA of 3.25 or higher in current high school classes
- maintained an excellent attendance record with no (X) Absence grades
- completed the appropriate number of high school credits for high school graduation
- have a strong interest in the program of study
- have a thorough understanding of the program requirements
- have a strong counselor recommendation
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAM TAKE PLACE?
Career Prep courses are offered from approximately 11:45AM to 2:30PM daily on the grounds of Mercer County Community College, West Windsor campus with the exception of Fire Science Technology, which is located at the Dempster Fire Training Center in Lawrenceville. Sometimes, there are classes that may take place after 2:30PM. The college schedule is followed-therefore students must attend classes based on the MCCC calendar which may differ from the high school calendar.
Students can earn up to 13 college credits, tuition-free. Students completing Career Prep programs will receive transferable college credits upon graduation from their high school.
- Students much purchase books and any uniform requirements (tuition is provided)
- Students must attend all scheduled class meetings – 3 absences (regardless of reason) permitted per course before withdrawn from program entirely
- Students must earn passing grades, according to MCCC policy (C and above), in all classes during the 1stsemester in order to advance to the 2nd semester courses
- Students must adhere to college procedures, code of conduct and college rules and regulations according to the Mercer County Community College Handbook or face withdrawal from the program