Offered at the Health Careers Center Click Here for Info on the student Massage Clinic
This course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills for successful entry-level employment in areas that offer health maintenance, preventive and/or restorative benefits of massage therapy.
The Massage Therapy program is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education. The program incorporates the following areas of study:
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Massage - I
- Introduction to Massage Theory and Techniques
- Professional Standards and Business Practice
- Introduction to Clinical Experience
- Introduction to Eastern Massage Modalities and Practices
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Massage - II
- Massage Theory and Techniques
- Related Massage Modalities
- Business Practice
- Lab/Clinical Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent as determined by NJ Department of Education
- Pre-Entrance Exam: Reading Comprehension and Basic Math 11th grade level in basic skills required
- Applicants must complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI). If the CBI reveals a conviction or unresolved complaint for a crime or misdemeanor involving any violent or serious offense, the applicant may be barred from entrance to the program.
- Pre-Entrance Physical
- Personal Interview
- Health Care Provider CPR Certification
Tuition to be determined annually by the Mercer County Vocational Technical Board of Education.
Tuition subject to change without notice. Health Careers Center Tuitions
Proof of residency is required. Post office boxes are not acceptable as proof of residency. Tuition must be paid prior to the beginning of each Phase. Tuition must be paid by certified check or money order made payable to Mercer County Board of Vocational Education. Personal checks will not be accepted.
No financial aid is available for this program.
(fees subject to change without notice):
- Pre-entrance test fee $50.00 (non-refundable) – due on day pre-entrance test is scheduled. Must be money order. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
- Criminal Background Investigation – Fee will vary with number of states researched.
- Textbooks: $350.00
- Uniforms: $200.00
- Student Activity fee: $350.00 (non-refundable)
- Graduation Fees: To be announced
- National Certification fee: $225.00
Length of Program
Part-time: 600 hours
Term: August to June
Class Times: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm and 14 Saturdays (pre-assigned dates) from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Clinical: Time to be scheduled
Full-time: 600 hours
Fall Term: August to December or Spring Term: January to June
Class Times: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Clinical: Time to be scheduled
Upon completion of the program, the student will be awarded a diploma from the Mercer County Technical Schools and be eligible to sit for the exam of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and to apply for certification through the NJ Board of Nursing.
STUDENTS DO NOT RECEIVE REMUNERATION DURING CLINICAL EXPERIENCES