Computer Aided Design
This course will prepare students for an entry-level career in architecture, engineering related fields. Students that complete this course are prepared to enter various engineering fields, such as architecture, mechanical, electrical, and a drafter/designer.
Students receive hands-on training in an industry standard, state-of-the-art computer lab. Dual-monitor computer workstations are equipped with the latest version of AutoCAD, Revit Architecture and MicroStation V8. Students experience in-depth training in two-dimensional drawing and design, and then proceed to three-dimensional wire frame and solid modeling design.
Our program explores architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil/surveying, drafting and design. Students will also have the opportunity to design 3D objects in CAD and make prototype models on a CNC milling machine or 3D printer.
The program also gives students the opportunity to obtain certification from ADDA and AutoCAD.
The MCTS Architectural and Engineering Design program is now part of the Project Lead the Way program.
Our Architectural and Engineering Design course offers an excellent opportunity to prepare for post-secondary career training or undergraduate training in a college engineering program.
College Credit Offered
|Year 1||Year 2|
Students graduating may receive college credit that can be applied to a degree in one of the engineering programs at Mercer County Community College.
Some of the colleges our students attend are:
- Drexel University
- Philadelphia Institute of Design
- College of New Jersey
- Rutgers University
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
Job opportunities are unlimited:
- Mechanical Drafter/Designer
- Architectural Drafter/Designer
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Landscape Architect
- Structural Drafter/Designer
- Surveying Technician
Career Options Include:
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Graphic Designer
Computers / Software
Students use the latest versions of AutoCAD, MicroStation and Prodesktop.In the senior year students use Light Mill Machines to make rapid prototypesof three-dimensional objects.
AutoDesk is one of the world's leading digital design and content companies.They serve customers in industries where design is critical to success:building, manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media, and location services.
Bentley Systems, Incorporated is a global provider of collaborative softwaresolutions that enable its users to create, manage and publish architectural,engineering and construction (AEC) content.
Stephen Heringes - Architecture and Engineering Design Instructor
- 15 years experience as a CAD Drafter, Designer, Project Manager and Instructor.
- 10 years experience supporting and implementing various CAD/CAM products formajor CAD/CAM software providers
Architecture and Engineering Design has a professional partnership with:
- Parsons Brinckerhoff one of the world’s leading planning, engineering and program management organizations.
- Bentley Education Network Bentley Education Network which provides support and web based projects.
- Taylor Wiseman & Taylor
- Crucili-Dolci, Inc.
- Roberts & Reymann Engineering, LLC